- 1 Can I get a job at Transnet without matric?
- 2 How do I contact Transnet?
- 3 What type of company is Transnet?
- 4 Why did you apply for this position?
- 5 What is a general worker?
- 6 How much does a train driver earn at Transnet?
- 7 How much does a train assistant earn at Transnet?
- 8 What was Transnet before?
- 9 What is Transnet RME?
- 10 What happened to Transnet?
- 11 Which learnerships are open for 2022?
- 12 How do I apply for a Transnet apprenticeship?
- 13 How can I find learnership?
- 14 Does learnership need matric?
- 15 Can I get a job without a matric certificate?
- 16 How do I write a CV without matric?
- 17 Who is the manager of Transnet?
- 18 What do engineers do at Transnet?
- 19 How many people are employed by Transnet?
- 20 Does Transnet have subsidiaries?
- 21 What does Transnet Port Terminals do?
- 22 What are your weaknesses?
- 23 How do you answer if interviewer ask Tell me about yourself?
- 24 Why did you apply for this job for fresher?
- 25 Does Transnet have an app?
- 26 What is the basic salary in South Africa?
- 27 What is the minimum wage for a general worker in South Africa?
- 28 How much does a general worker earn in South Africa?
- 29 How much does a Transnet train driver earn in South Africa?
- 30 Which is the highest paid job in railway?
- 31 How long does it take to train to be a train driver?
- 32 Is Transnet listed on the JSE?
- 33 Is Transnet a parastatal?
- 34 How does Transnet give back to the community?
- 35 How much do Transnet employees earn?
To view their employment opportunities, you can browse through the vacancies by clicking on the Transnet jobs search button. To apply for any of the vacant positions advertised, you would need to register as an applicant.
Also the question is, what qualifications do you need to work at Transnet vacancies? Grade 10 (or equivalent literacy and numeric level). Perform ad hoc tasks as required by Mill operations and/or designated by Mill Management. At least 3 months of experience working in a production…
Subsequently, how do I send my CV to Transnet?
- Fill in all the required information including ID/Passport number and User Data.
- Make sure the email you provided is correct.
- Confirm that you accept Transnet’s Data Privacy Statement.
- Submit by clicking on “Register”.
Correspondingly, how much do Transnet employees earn? How does the salary as a General Worker at Transnet South Africa compare with the base salary range for this job? The average salary for a General Worker is ZAR 6,615 per month in South Africa, which is 18% higher than the average Transnet South Africa salary of ZAR 5,591 per month for this job.
In this regard, is Transnet under government? Transnet SOC Ltd is a large South African rail, port and pipeline company, headquartered in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg. It was formed as a limited company on 1 April 1990. A majority of the company’s stock is owned by the Department of Public Enterprises, or DPE, of the South African government.
- Candidates must be a South African citizen.
- Must hold a Matric / Grade 12 Certificate.
- You must be fluent in English (read, write and speak)
- Must be Computer literate.
- Candidates must be goal oriented, reliable, honest and possess integrity.
Can I get a job at Transnet without matric?
Many Transnet Learnerships do not require a Matric. Transnet employers will take in account the age and life experience of the Transnet Applicant. You can register on the Transnet Website by clicking here . Once you have registered you can check what Transnet Vacancies are available and are suitable to you.
How do I contact Transnet?
- Postal Address: PO Box 72501, PARKVIEW, 2122.
- Street Address: Carlton Centre, 49th Floor, 150 Commissioner Street, JOHANNESBURG.
- Phone: 011 308 3000.
- Fax: 011 308 2638.
- Directories: National Government Directory: State owned enterprises and other public entities.
What type of company is Transnet?
Transnet operates as an integrated freight transport company, formed around a core of six operating divisions that complement each other. These are supported by a number of company-wide specialist units – Transnet Group Capital and Transnet Foundation- which underpin our company.
Why did you apply for this position?
“In my career, I am sure of one thing and that is I want to build a decent career in my current domain. My present job has shown me the path to move and attain what has been my long-term career objective. I have acquired necessary skills to some extent as well as have got accustomed to the corporate way of working.
What is a general worker?
More Definitions of general worker general worker means an employee employed to do general work including cleaning, carrying, loading or unloading of vehicles, making of any beverages, assisting on delivery vehicles, delivery of letters or messages.
How much does a train driver earn at Transnet?
The salary starts at $43,778 per year and goes up to $45,331 per year for the highest level of seniority.
How much does a train assistant earn at Transnet?
Average Transnet Training Assistant monthly pay in South Africa is approximately R 12 601, which meets the national average. Salary information comes from 10 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
What was Transnet before?
In 1981, the country’s railway, harbour, road transport, aviation and pipeline operations became known as South African Transport Services (SATS). At the same time, the enterprise was restructured into units and divisions, … Its name was Transnet SOC Ltd.
What is Transnet RME?
RME is the arm of TFR’s Rail Network Department, it is responsible for Transnet Freight Rail’s infrastructure, construction and rehabilitation works. To a lesser extent it is responsible for the rehabilitation and maintenance of other Transnet Operating Division’s infrastructure.
What happened to Transnet?
Having just survived week-long riots and looting, Transnet’s ports have been shut down by ‘an act of cyberattack, security intrusion and sabotage’.
Which learnerships are open for 2022?
- ABSA Learnerships. ABSA offers learnships to people who want to work in the Banking branch.
- Aurecon Learnerships.
- Anglo American Learnerships Programme.
- Amathuba Learnerships.
- Avusa Learnerships Programme.
- ArcelorMittal Learnerships.
- BANKSETA Learnerships Programme.
- Barloworld Learnerships.
How do I apply for a Transnet apprenticeship?
- In order to apply, you will need to register on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet, which can be done here.
- Take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the learnership position using the reference given.
How can I find learnership?
Register as a work-seeker at your nearest Labour Centre so that employers can find you if they want to start a learnership. You can also contact the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs) to find out which companies are offering learnerships.
Does learnership need matric?
Learnerships vary in terms of their academic requirements stipulated by the organisation that is offering the learnership. Some learnerships require matric, but some will take into account age and life experience of the applicant.
Can I get a job without a matric certificate?
The answer is yes, some businesses offer learnerships to people who do not have their matric qualification. The academic requirements for learnerships vary with different institutions. While some do prefer you to have matric, others don’t.
How do I write a CV without matric?
Work Experience – Any work experience is a plus on your CV when applying for jobs without matric. Holiday jobs should not be overlooked. If you helped out with filing, answering telephones, worked as a waitress or even lent a hand at a non-profit, this should be added to your CV.
Who is the manager of Transnet?
Johannes Makhusha – Executive Manager – Transnet | LinkedIn.
What do engineers do at Transnet?
Transnet Engineering is an engineering division of Transnet SOC Ltd, based in South Africa, comprising a group of product focused businesses in manufacture, upgrading conversion, repair and maintenance of railway rolling stock, as well as spares and associated transport equipment .
How many people are employed by Transnet?
Transnet is a world-class employer with a highly motivated workforce exceeding 55 000 permanent employees.
Does Transnet have subsidiaries?
Transnet is a holding company for five operating subsidiaries covering South Africa’s public road and rail transport, its shipping, and its oil pipelines.
What does Transnet Port Terminals do?
Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) is one of five operating divisions of Transnet SOC Limited, South Africa’s state-owned freight transport and handling company. We are responsible for commercial handling services of sea-route freight across imports, exports and transhipments in containers, bulk, break-bulk and automotive.
What are your weaknesses?
- I focus too much on the details.
- I have a hard time letting go of a project.
- I have trouble saying “no.”
- I get impatient when projects run beyond the deadline.
- I could use more experience in…
- I sometimes lack confidence.
How do you answer if interviewer ask Tell me about yourself?
- Present: Talk a little bit about what your current role is, the scope of it, and perhaps a big recent accomplishment.
- Past: Tell the interviewer how you got there and/or mention previous experience that’s relevant to the job and company you’re applying for.
Why did you apply for this job for fresher?
“I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving company/industry, and I feel I can do so by/with my … ” “I feel my skills are particularly well-suited to this position because … … “I believe I have the type of knowledge to succeed in this role and at the company because …
Does Transnet have an app?
Why use the Transnet Spotlight App? information across multiple facilities and time spent with our customers has guided the development of current Transnet Spotlight App releases. Terminal transparency and visibility is key to delivering customer satisfaction.
What is the basic salary in South Africa?
Minimum Wages in South Africa averaged 21.41 ZAR/Hour from 2019 until 2022, reaching an all time high of 23.19 ZAR/Hour in 2022 and a record low of 20 ZAR/Hour in 2019.
What is the minimum wage for a general worker in South Africa?
In terms of an actual amount, that would set the new minimum wage at R23 per hour. Up from R21. 69. Arguably the biggest aspect of the proposed increase is the decision to equalise the minimum wages for domestic workers.
How much does a general worker earn in South Africa?
The average general workers salary in South Africa is R 187 320 per year or R 96.06 per hour. Entry-level positions start at R 157 800 per year, while most experienced workers make up to R 315 000 per year.
How much does a Transnet train driver earn in South Africa?
Average Transnet Driver monthly pay in South Africa is approximately R 15 672, which is 88% above the national average.
Which is the highest paid job in railway?
The highest-paying job at Indian Railways is a Chief Engineer with a salary of ₹29 Lakhs per year. The top 10% of employees earn more than ₹12.51 lakhs per year.
How long does it take to train to be a train driver?
In general, becoming a London Underground train driver will require that you undergo 22 weeks of training. However, if you opt to train outside of London Underground, you might have to sit through 48 weeks of training.
Is Transnet listed on the JSE?
The JSE Limited has granted a listing to TRANSNET SOC LIMITED on Interest Rate Market with effect from 17 March 2021.
Is Transnet a parastatal?
Transnet National Ports Authority is set to become an independent subsidiary of SA’s freight logistics parastatal, and will be wholly owned by it. President Cyril Ramaphosa said this reform of Transnet has been delayed for more than 15 years since the promulgation of the National Ports Act.
How does Transnet give back to the community?
On grants and philanthropic donations, Transnet provided immediate assistance and relief to communities through once-off funding and material contributions to assist poverty-stricken communities, and supported non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that did critical upliftment work in communities.
How much do Transnet employees earn?
How does the salary as a General Worker at Transnet South Africa compare with the base salary range for this job? The average salary for a General Worker is ZAR 6,615 per month in South Africa, which is 18% higher than the average Transnet South Africa salary of ZAR 5,591 per month for this job.