- 1 How long does it take to get a job at Dollar General?
- 2 How do I prepare for a Dollar General interview?
- 3 Is working at Dollar General easy?
- 4 What questions does Dollar General ask in an interview?
- 5 Do you have to wear a uniform at Dollar General?
- 6 Does Dollar General do drug test?
- 7 Is Dollar General paid weekly?
- 8 How much do Dollar General employees get paid?
- 9 Can I wear jeans to a Dollar Tree interview?
- 10 What are Dollar General’s shifts?
- 11 Is Dollar General a good place to work for?
- 12 Do you work alone at Dollar General?
- 13 What does Dollar General look for in a background check?
- 14 Does Dollar General do paper applications?
- 15 How much do lead sales associates make at Dollar General?
- 16 Does Dollar General do holiday pay?
- 17 Can I wear leggings to work at Dollar General?
- 18 Do employees get a discount at Dollar General?
- 19 How old do you have to be to work at Dollar General?
- 20 How far does Dollar General do background checks?
- 21 Can you work at Dollar General with a felony?
- 22 How long does it take to get first paycheck from Dollar General?
- 23 How long does it take to get my first paycheck?
- 24 How much does a key holder at Dollar General make?
- 25 What’s the highest paying part time job?
- 26 Is Walmart paying 15 dollars an hour?
- 27 What is Dollar Tree dress code?
- 28 Does Dollar Tree do interviews?
- 29 What do you wear to an interview?
- 30 How many hours is considered full time at Dollar General?
- 31 How long is Dollar General Warehouse orientation?
- 32 How much do Dollar General stockers make?
- 33 How often do Dollar General employees get a raise?
- 34 How do I quit Dollar General?
- 35 Does Dollar General have milk?
- 36 Can you sue Dollar General?
- 37 Will Dollar General Warehouse hire felons?
- 38 What is Dollar General rehire?
- 39 How do I report a Dollar General employee?
- 40 Can I work at Dollar General at 17?
How to Get a Job at Dollar General. The hiring process begins with filling out an application and submitting it online or in-store. Once the management team reviews a job seeker’s previous work history and qualities, a fitting candidate will hear from a hiring manager to schedule a Dollar General interview.
How long does it take to get a job at Dollar General?
Dollar General – Hiring Process and Interview as Assistant Store Manager at Dollar General takes about 2 weeks.
How do I prepare for a Dollar General interview?
Is working at Dollar General easy?
Working at Dollar General is a very fast-paced job where you are expected to be on your toes pretty much your entire shift. When things get moving, they get moving. … My direct manager is relatively hard to find a lot of the time, where the other employees are just doing their regular shift-work.
What questions does Dollar General ask in an interview?
- Tell us about your previous work experience?
- What can you tell us about Dollar General?
- Why do you want to work for Dollar General?
- What would your previous boss say about you?
- How would you deal with an upset customer?
- Why should I hire you?
- What is your greatest strength?
Do you have to wear a uniform at Dollar General?
Yes, Dollar General provides its employees with a uniform, but you will have to purchase it. The uniform you are expected to wear can be found on the Dollar General Logowear Program website, which features windbreakers, polo shirts, and classic t-shirts.
Does Dollar General do drug test?
Yes, Dollar General does drug tests on both potential and existing staff members. Potential employees may be required to undergo a drug test for Dollar General as a condition of their employment. Drug testing is not mandatory for all positions at Dollar General, but appears to be frequent for senior members of staff.
Is Dollar General paid weekly?
DG pays weekly. You will get you deposit on the Money Network card roughly between 9pm and 11:59pm on Thursday, though your…
How much do Dollar General employees get paid?
The average pay for Dollar General store employees ranges from $8.20 an hour for cashiers to $9.52 per hour for lead associates and $11.05 an hour for assistant store managers. Warehouse workers earn a lot more – from $9.40 to $16.59 an hour for ordinary workers and up to $74,758 per year for warehouse supervisors.
Can I wear jeans to a Dollar Tree interview?
casual, dress for the job you want. bank president wear a suite dollar tree worker, jeans and a nice shirt.
What are Dollar General’s shifts?
A normal work shift at the Dollar General Warehouse can be between 8 and 12 hours. It can be from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. There are various shifts available, including the night shift, day shift, and swing shift. And according to the shift scheduling by authorities, workers work during those shifts.
Is Dollar General a good place to work for?
On average, employees at Dollar General give their company a 3.1 rating out of 5.0 – which is 23% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Dollar General employees are Assistant Managers submitting an average rating of 4.1 and Key Holders with a rating of 4.0.
Do you work alone at Dollar General?
Sales Associates can not be left alone AT ALL, but you will not find many stores that have many hours for plain old sales associates. Key Holders will get most of the hours because they CAN be alone in the store.
What does Dollar General look for in a background check?
Submitting an application to Dollar General is a consent to a pre-employment background check. … A background check looks for criminal convictions as well as verifying all information on the application. All job offers are also contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test.
Does Dollar General do paper applications?
Facts About Working at Dollar General Minimum Age to Work at Dollar General: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Dollar General?) Printable Application: Yes. Print Dollar General application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
How much do lead sales associates make at Dollar General?
The typical Dollar General Lead Sales Associate salary is $10 per hour. Lead Sales Associate salaries at Dollar General can range from $5 – $17 per hour.
Does Dollar General do holiday pay?
All FT DG employees receive Holiday pay -time and a half- on every major holiday that they work. All employees don’t get holiday pay. The holidays are Thanksgiving, Christmas and July 4th.
Can I wear leggings to work at Dollar General?
The dollar general dress code applies to more than 143,000 employees working in almost 17,000 stores throughout the American continent. Dollar General’s dress code policy allows its employees to wear black pants and a black polo shirt with a collar, with the dollar general logo featured on the shirt.
Do employees get a discount at Dollar General?
What Discounts Does Dollar General Offer To Its Employees? Dollar General employees can receive up to a 20% discount on any of their purchases.
How old do you have to be to work at Dollar General?
You must be at least 18 years of age to work for Dollar General unless otherwise required by law.
How far does Dollar General do background checks?
Some states do not allow non-convictions to ever be reported and some have a limit of seven years depending on the position and pay. If you were convicted of a crime, there is no time limit on how long it can be reported on a background check.
Can you work at Dollar General with a felony?
Yes, Dollar General does conduct a background check on anyone who passes the interview phase, looking for any felony conviction. Submitting an application to Dollar General is considered a consent to a pre-employment background check. … A background check is run to protect the company, its employees, and customers.
How long does it take to get first paycheck from Dollar General?
Two weeks, typically. I started on a Saturday , so have to wait 2 weeks for first pay. Since Dollar General pays weekly, you would wait a week after you started to get your first check. They pay every week.
How long does it take to get my first paycheck?
Most often, paychecks are issued within 3 – 5 days following the end date of the pay period. The delay is necessary to provide for calculating and processing of pay due employees.
How much does a key holder at Dollar General make?
The typical Dollar General Key Holder salary is $11 per hour. Key Holder salaries at Dollar General can range from $8 – $15 per hour.
What’s the highest paying part time job?
- Customer service representative. Average salary: $13.48 per hour.
- Bank teller. Average salary: $12.82 per hour.
- Warehouse worker. Average salary: $15.42 per hour.
- Personal driver. Average salary: $14.55 per hour.
- Phlebotomist. Average salary: $14.85 per hour.
- Delivery driver.
- 8. Mail carrier.
Is Walmart paying 15 dollars an hour?
Earlier this year, Walmart announced it would raise wages for 425,000 employees to $13 an hour, emphasizing it would increase the company’s average hourly wage to more than $15 an hour. … In the 2021 fiscal year, Walmart reported a profit of more than $13.5bn.
What is Dollar Tree dress code?
All employees at Dollar Tree are required to dress in a specific uniform, which consists of green or white polo shirts and black or khaki-colored pants that fall below the knees. Along with that, employees should wear comfortable sneakers and avoid open-toe shoes, partly for safety reasons.
Does Dollar Tree do interviews?
Dollar Tree typically conducts managerial interviews one-on-one either by phone or in-person. Current store managers or a corporate district manager normally serve as interviewers.
What do you wear to an interview?
Generally, a job interview calls for you to wear professional, or business, attire. For men, this might mean a suit jacket and slacks with a shirt and tie or a sweater and button-down. For women, a blouse and dress pants or a statement dress is appropriate.
How many hours is considered full time at Dollar General?
Full time(which are only managers) work at least 32 hrs and more.
How long is Dollar General Warehouse orientation?
It is one week. Training videos are orientation, and you do a few at a time while at work during a normal shift until they are all done.
How much do Dollar General stockers make?
Average Dollar General Stocker hourly pay in the United States is approximately $9.29, which is 32% below the national average.
How often do Dollar General employees get a raise?
All employees are evaluated for a raise annually, typically during your hire anniversary month. The typical annual raise is 25 cents on the hour. If you stick with the company over the course of several years there will be a “cap” to the pay for the position you are in.
How do I quit Dollar General?
Criteria For Quitting Employees have the right to leave their jobs at any moment and for any cause. Dollar General’s policy, on the other hand, requires that a “Good Reason” for termination be provided with the employee’s notice for them to receive all of their promised pay and benefits before their job expires.
Does Dollar General have milk?
Many dollar stores have a small refrigerated section that holds perishable grocery items like milk, butter, eggs, and meats. … Dollar General in particular sells gallons of DairyPure Vitamin D Milk at most of its locations.
Can you sue Dollar General?
Negotiate your case with the insurance company and try to resolve it without having to file a lawsuit. Filing a lawsuit against Dollar General, the Dollar Store, or Dollar Tree and taking your case to trial to get you the compensation you deserve.
Will Dollar General Warehouse hire felons?
Yes. this warehouse hires felons.
What is Dollar General rehire?
You can be taken off the do not hire list depending on why you were terminated and who terminated you. A district manager can bypass it so you can be rehired at whatever store that store manager want to have you work at.
How do I report a Dollar General employee?
- Corporate Office Headquarters. Dollar General Corporation 100 Mission Ridge Goodlettsville Tennessee 37072.
- Email. email@example.com.
- Call. 1-800-678-9258.
- Returns. https://newscenter.dollargeneral.com/company+facts/contact-us/
Can I work at Dollar General at 17?
Does Dollar General Hire at 17?-No. All Dollar General employees must be of legal age.