- 1 What do you wear to a Waterstones interview?
- 2 How do I get a job?
- 3 Where can I do year 10 experience?
- 4 Where can 14 year olds work UK?
- 5 Can you read in Waterstones?
- 6 What will the minimum wage be in April 2021?
- 7 Is the national living wage going up in 2021?
- 8 Is Waterstones a living wage employer?
- 9 What is minimum rate of pay?
- 10 How do you get a job as a bookseller?
- 11 What is Waterstones mission statement?
- 12 How can I get a job immediately?
- 13 How can I get a job quickly?
- 14 How do I get hired with no experience?
- 15 Can you say work experiences?
- 16 What age can you do work experience UK?
- 17 What age is work experience at school?
- 18 Do Asda hire 14 year olds?
- 19 Does Mcdonalds hire 14 year olds UK?
- 20 Can I work at mcdonalds at 14?
- 21 Why is it called Waterstones?
- 22 Can you steal from Waterstones?
- 23 What books are coming out in 2021?
- 24 Do Waterstones employees get discount?
- 25 What is the UK minimum wage?
- 26 How many hours is full time?
- 27 Is living wage the same as minimum wage?
- 28 How do I work out my hourly rate?
- 29 What is a Living Wage employer?
- 30 Does Waterstones make a profit?
- 31 What is the UK living wage?
- 32 Who gets national living wage?
- 33 How many hours can a 16 work?
- 34 What is the current living wage?
- 35 How many hours can you work at 16?
As in my case i was 15, but doing my work experience, I would say 16 years old.
Considering this, what do Waterstones look for in employees? Our Bookshop Managers lead a team of booksellers and should be passionate about offering exceptional customer service. … Outstanding customer service skills. Experience of leading a team. Willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
Similarly, is Waterstones a nice place to work? Great place to work I really enjoyed working at Waterstones. The team were excellent and the work environment was fun and relaxed. Excellent staff discount. Unfortunately there isn’t much job security (most people are hired as temps initially) and there’s limited room for promotion.
Quick Answer, how much does a bookseller at Waterstones earn? Waterstone’s Salary FAQs The average Waterstone’s salary ranges from approximately £20,668 per year for a Senior Bookseller to £42,013 per year for a Manager. The average Waterstone’s hourly pay ranges from approximately £10 per hour for a Sales Assistant to £12 per hour for a Lead Bookseller.
Best answer for this question, how much do Waterstones pay their staff? How much does Waterstone’s pay? The average Waterstone’s salary ranges from approximately £20,668 per year for a Senior Bookseller to £42,013 per year for a Manager. The average Waterstone’s hourly pay ranges from approximately £10 per hour for a Sales Assistant to £12 per hour for a Lead Bookseller.
What do you wear to a Waterstones interview?
4 answers. Something smart, conservative but comfortable. Something that shows you’re professional but also relaxed and flexible. Smart clothes that a customer would expect to be presented with at the till.
How do I get a job?
- Try online networking. Get plugged into career networking sites like LinkedIn.
- Talk to friends and family. Credit: Channel 4.
- Go beyond job listings.
- Expand your search (and your mind)
- Be confident and personable.
- Work for your university.
- Try an internship.
- Try a recruitment agency.
Where can I do year 10 experience?
- Become a Dog Walker.
- Volunteer with the Cubs/Brownies/Scouts/Guides.
- Take Advantage of Networking.
- Do Some Babysitting.
- Volunteer at sports clubs/dance classes.
- Become a Student Writer.
- Get Involved in Local Events/Festivals.
- Volunteer in a Charity Shop.
Where can 14 year olds work UK?
- Dog walking or cat sitting.
- Washing cars.
- Vlogging and blogging.
- Sports coaching.
- Retail work.
- Website design.
- Delivering newspapers.
Can you read in Waterstones?
What is Read for Free? Read for Free lets Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite (3G + Wi-Fi) and Kindle Touch (3G + Wi-Fi) customers download eligible books in any Waterstones bookshops in the UK (not including our European branches) and read them for free for up to one hour each day.
What will the minimum wage be in April 2021?
In April 2021 the NMW is: Apprentices under 19 – £4.30 an hour. Age 16-17 – £4.62 an hour. Age 18-20 – £6.56 an hour.
Is the national living wage going up in 2021?
The new UK Living Wage rates will also be 40p higher than next year’s NLW of £9.50, due to come into force next April. The difference will be worth around £780 a year. These calculations are based on working for 37.5 hours a week, for 52 weeks.
Is Waterstones a living wage employer?
Paying all your Booksellers a starting Living Wage of £9, or £10.55 for the Greater London area, will have a positive impact on the lives of Booksellers, their performance in the role, and the success of the bookselling industry.
What is minimum rate of pay?
The national living wage is a rebrand of the National Minimum Wage, and is £8.91 per hour (as of November 2021) across the whole country. It’s a minimum by law that all employers have to pay to employees over 25 years of age.
How do you get a job as a bookseller?
Get involved with your bookstore’s community. Be a customer. Talk to the staff (you all love books, it shouldn’t be too hard!), attend book signings, join a book club, sign up for the newsletter, follow the bookstore on social media if that’s your thing.
What is Waterstones mission statement?
Waterstones’ mission is to be the leading bookseller on the high street and online providing customers the widest choice, great value and expert advice from a team passionate about bookselling. Waterstones aims to interest and excite its customers and continually inspire people to read and engage in books.
How can I get a job immediately?
- Find jobs that fit your qualifications. Make a list of your job experience, education and skills.
- Optimize your cover letter and resume.
- Ask for help from your network.
- Consider a temporary position.
- Interview questions.
How can I get a job quickly?
- Find jobs that fit your qualifications. Start your job search by making a list of all your qualifications.
- Optimize your cover letter and resume.
- Look for seasonal or temporary work.
How do I get hired with no experience?
- Highlight your transferable experience.
- Emphasize your soft skills.
- Build a network.
- Take lower-paid or unpaid opportunities.
- Be clear about your motivation.
- Do it on your own.
- Find your own way into the career.
- Go back to school.
Can you say work experiences?
Work experience is a common way to talk about the work that you have done. You do not need to use Working experience in English.
What age can you do work experience UK?
Don’t pin down work experience to a certain age group. It comes in many forms, relevant to you at different ages. That being said, 16 to 21 are the most popular ages because they correlate to college and university studies. In the UK, you’ll be first offered work experience in Year 10 or 11.
What age is work experience at school?
How old do I have to be to work part-time? You have to be 13 years old to be able to work part-time.
Do Asda hire 14 year olds?
Minimum age requirements limit job opportunities to applicants 16 and over, in most cases. ASDA needs to hire: … ASDA shop floor assistants also regularly serve as cashiers. The entry-level employment opportunities feature part-time schedules ranging from 15 to 30 hours per week, on average.
Does Mcdonalds hire 14 year olds UK?
How old do you need to be to work at McDonald’s? You must be of school-leaving age (except for Student Work Experience opportunities). If you’re unsure what this means, please use the age checker in the eligibility section of the application form.
Can I work at mcdonalds at 14?
Crew members are divided into Kitchen Crew, Counter Crew, and Maintenance Crew. Minimum age is generally 14 years old. You will take customers’ orders and prepare the requested foods and drinks. You will work in a team to work together for the shift target goals.
Why is it called Waterstones?
The chain was founded by Tim Waterstone after he took a £6,000 redundancy payout from WHSmith. He set up his first shop in Old Brompton Road, Kensington with the ambition of creating a ‘different breed of bookshop’, using techniques he had seen in the United States.
Can you steal from Waterstones?
A serial book thief has been banned from every Waterstones book shop in England and Wales. Peter Sahnow, 72, stole more than £1,100 worth of books in one year from his local branch in St Albans. … “When he had exhausted his supply and his mother’s, he resorted to stealing books from Waterstones.
What books are coming out in 2021?
- Misfits: A Personal Manifesto, Michaela Coel (Sept.
- Inseparable, Simone de Beauvoir (Sept.
- Matrix, Lauren Groff (Sept.
- Poet Warrior, Joy Harjo (Sept.
- On Freedom: Four Songs of Care and Constraint, Maggie Nelson (Sept.
- Beautiful World, Where Are You, Sally Rooney (Sept.
Do Waterstones employees get discount?
50% disount on all books as an employee.
What is the UK minimum wage?
National Minimum Wage for those aged 21-22: from £8.36 to £9.18. National Minimum Wage for 18 to 20-year-olds: from £6.56 to £6.83. National Minimum Wage for under-18s: from £4.62 to £4.81. The Apprentice rate: from £4.30 to £4.81.
How many hours is full time?
Full Time in California According to the California Department of Industrial Relations, working 40 hours per week qualifies employees as full-time workers.
Is living wage the same as minimum wage?
The National Living Wage is higher than the National Minimum Wage – workers get it if they’re over 23. It does not matter how small an employer is, they still have to pay the correct minimum wage.
How do I work out my hourly rate?
To get your hourly rate, divide the income you made in that period by how many hours you worked in that time. If you’re salaried, figure out roughly how many hours you work in a year, then divide your yearly salary by that number.
What is a Living Wage employer?
By paying the real Living Wage, employers are voluntarily taking a stand to ensure their employees can earn a wage which is enough to live on. … Accredited employers display the Living Wage Employer Mark to recognise their commitment to the Living Wage.
Does Waterstones make a profit?
Waterstones delivered a net profit of 20.83 million British pounds in 2020.
What is the UK living wage?
The UK Living Wage is £9.50 an hour, and the London Living Wage is £10.85 an hour for 2021/22. The Living Wage is based on the cost of living. The Resolution Foundation is a think tank that aims to improve the living standards of low and middle-income families.
Who gets national living wage?
National Living Wage is the highest band of the National Minimum Wage which you should get if you’re 23 or over. Most people who work are entitled to get paid at least the National Minimum Wage. This includes casual workers, people on zero hours contracts and agency workers.
How many hours can a 16 work?
By law, workers aged 16 or 17 must not work more than 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week. They must also have, as a minimum: a 30-minute break if their working day is longer than 4.5 hours.
What is the current living wage?
The London Living Wage is currently £11.05 per hour. This covers all boroughs in Greater London. The UK Living Wage for outside of London is currently £9.90 per hour.
How many hours can you work at 16?
Young people aged 16 and 17 can work a maximum of 8 hours a day, up to 40 hours a week. If the young worker is under 18 and works for more than one employer, their combined daily or weekly hours cannot exceed the maximum number of hours allowed.